Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My thule T2

I love my new Thule T2 hitch rack. I took all the roof racks off and have been using this for a few months and my life is so much better. It takes 30 seconds to load two bikes and I don't need a ladder. Sure I can only cary 2 bikes but since Kerry and I moved we don't have any friends anyway so it works out great for us. I'm kidding I have lots of friends. On myspace.

This is the rack "stowed"



"Deployed" and ready for action



Loaded

Works well with Lefty fork too!

Now if it would just stop raining

Lee

4 comments:

Lizardo said...

I can't decide whether I like the forks on your bike or the forks on Kerry's bike more. Hmmm, I will have to give that a little more thought.

Julia Schrenkler said...

Very nice set up. As a fellow Vanagon owner, I've got a couple questions: wondering if you have images handy of underneath where it attaches to the frame? Was it hard to notch the fiberglass bumper?

Lee said...

The rack was ordered from Dennis Haynes. You can find his email address by searching the vanagon.com mailing list archives. It was about three hundred bucks but sturdy as all get out. It's class three rated and replaces the stock bumper brackets. I highly recommend it if you want to tow anything as well as carry bikes.

erin said...

Hi there!

Responding to a super old post, but I'm about to buy a Westy and am hoping to use my Thule trailer hitch rack on it:
http://www.rei.com/product/799931/thule-doubletrack-2-bike-hitch-rack

Looks similar to yours, so I'm wondering if you are able to open the back hatch with bikes on it? I'm thinking I'll have just one bike on the outside rack, so maybe?

Anyway, your blog is rad.

:)

Erin