Wednesday, March 21, 2007

He's Ronin


We named him Ronin.
It's a good name. Ruffles was good too but, I think he's going to be ahudredpoundog and that name is just too funny.

I am excited about this:

Capitol Forest Revival XC Race

It looks like fun. I used to race there when I was in high school. Back then the courses were over 35 miles and 3000 plus feet of climbing. I am certian that I used all 21 of my gears and both inches of travel in my fork. The race usually ended in a 100 foot long puddle that was two or three feet deep. A real crowd pleaser. The promoter said that this will be a bit less "epic". At least the puddle isn't there this time. I'm sure the 3000 feet of vertical will still be in the mix, I may be tempted to ride a Geared Bike! The great thing about Capitol Forest it that after the climb, the downhill is always worth it. Here's what it is like:






Also on the horizon is this:




These courses look like much fun. I have always wanted to do the Downieville Downhill. It combines a XC race with hardly any climbing and a DH race that isn't too hairy. All three courses look to be around 10 miles or so. Each has a little climbing thrown in. It is a great race for someone like me that cam climb and decend pretty well, not awesome at either but can do well at both. I think my Slayer is perfect for it. I love the way it rides on long flowy downhills like Noble Canyon. I can still climb up quickly but it sucks up all the rocks just fine on the way down. I may ride the STP, it would be fast as well. I'll just have to preride the course.


And get in better shape.


Lee

1 comment:

Lizardo said...

I guess if he is going to be a "hudred" pounds you have to name him Ronin. If here were only going to be about a hundred, I still think Ruffles would have been a huge crowd pleaser.